A further 73 new Covid-19 cases across the city and county today.
In Leicester, there have been 39 people who tested positive in the last 24 hours, while the remaining 34 were spread across Leicestershire.
Broken down to district and borough level Blaby added six new cases, and there were nine in both Charnwood and North West Leicestershire.
Harborough and Melton each added three new cases and there were two confirmed in both Hinckley and Bosworth and Oadby and Wigston.
The new cases, updated today at 4pm, mean that the total number of cases across the city and county since the start of the pandemic area by area are :
- Leicester: 36,290
- Blaby: 7,024
- Charnwood: 12,429
- Harborough: 5,071
- Hinckley and Bosworth: 6,108
- Melton: 2,681
- North West Leicestershire: 6,055
- Oadby and Wigston: 4,938
In other coronavirus news, a grieving widow has given an emotional account of life without her husband who died with Covid-19.
Covid-19: The latest news from Leicestershire
Want the latest on what’s happening with coronavirus? Get free email updates – plus breaking news alerts direct to your inbox.
Just sign up to our email newsletter service – all you need to do is type in your email address above.
It’s at the top of this article. Click ‘subscribe’ and you can expect your first newsletter at the next release.
Alternatively, click here to sign up online.
Meanwhile, seven more coronavirus-related deaths have been confirmed by city hospitals.
The latest seven-day infection rates, area by area, are:
- Leicester: 74.8 cases per 100,000 (265 cases in the last seven days)
- Blaby: 42.4 cases per 100,000 (43)
- Charnwood: 38.7 cases per 100,000 (72)
- Harborough: 11.7 cases per 100,000 (11)
- Hinckley and Bosworth: 37.1 cases per 100,000 (42)
- Melton: 62.5 cases per 100,000 (32)
- North West Leicestershire: 27 cases per 100,000 (28)
- Oadby and Wigston: 50.9 cases per 100,000 (29)
LeicestershireLive uses the gov.uk daily dashboard to track and report local cases and rates.
For the latest local coronavirus news, click here.